so, i dropped a chicken on my foot..

Observant Coworker: Jude, are you limping?
Me: Yeah. (trying to limp away)
OC: What happened?
Me: I dropped a chicken on my foot.

Yeah, try to make that sound okay. I dare ya. And my effin toes hurt, so it’s really hard to be cool. (I care about cool, really.) This is pretty much how I started my day – though actually, I guess I started my day by dropping the (frozen) chicken on my foot. It’s like dropping a bowling ball on yourself first thing in the morning. Lovely. So, after the initial pain (and shock at my own stupidity/clumsiness) wore off, I decided I should tape my toes together. Cause that’s what you do for injured toes right? But do you tape the two that you hurt together, or do you tape the hurt ones to the ones on either side? Should this be this confusing?

Screw it, I taped the two bruised (hopefully not broken) digits together – misery loves company, I’m sure that’s a medical rule or something.

Chicken for dinner, yum.

And just because it makes me feel better – here’s Pete’s last attempt at rotisserie chicken:



hahaha..

Comments

  1. Mmm, hmmm. Black chicken. At least it's not raw inside ;)
    Hope the toe feels better. I wouldn't have a clue which to tape. When it comes to all things medical, I'm clueless.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor chicken

    Have a great RTT.
    http://harrietandfriends.com/2010/03/bloggers-internet-users/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha, you tape them to non-hurting toes, Jude! Jeez. It's amazing I've made it to 21 years with your medical advice. Sorry you got hurt, though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Blogging Mama Andrea - it was raw inside, lol, he ate it anyway to prove a point.

    The toes will be good, and apparently I taped them wrong too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @I am Harriet - which chicken - the one he charcoaled or the one I dropped? hahahaha...

    ReplyDelete
  6. @Ari - thanks Toots - and seems to me you've done just fine with my 'medical advice' - and you were lucky enough to avoid being taped together like Matty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Just found your blog! I'm loving it!!! I'm sorry you hurt your foot, but you must have had to laugh at the situation!...gotta watch out for falling chickens,girl.

    ReplyDelete
  8. this reminds me of the episode where michael burns his foot in his george foreman grill. don't know why, it just does. thanks for visiting and following me at the crib

    ReplyDelete
  9. "misery loves company"-LOL! I think that that bird was out to get everyone!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts