is it just me?

Or am I getting older? My own banner birthdays never really phase me; though I will say, you may not want to schedule your annual check-up on your 40th birthday. The exam and an office full of black balloons are just a bit much all in one day. Just sayin. Anyway, my own birthdays are whew, no worries. I have a good life, I’m spoiled, I travel – it really doesn’t suck to be me. It surprised me though, to realize that my youngest child is now 21. Now surprised is probably not the best word, I mean, I knew she was turning 21, it just happened so fast. (I’m sure not so much to her!) This seems like just yesterday…


Yep, that’s my daughter roughly 19 years or so ago – it’s a shame that you can’t see the wedgie that I’m certain she’s sporting. That child could wedgie a diaper, seriously. I tried everything to keep the extra material out of her butt, boyshorts, one-piece – nope, didn’t work, her suits and dainties always managed to work their way up her butt in short order. I didn’t freak at all when thongs made the first appearance in our house; I just figured that must have been a hell of a relief for her. I also feel compelled to point out that she’s awfully proud of those water wings – nice precursor to the lifeguard years huh? I really tried to find one of those pictures, hmm, maybe another time.

Just so you don’t think that this is just about posting embarrassing stuff about my daughter (it might be a little about that) here’s a pic of me with all three kids – check those glasses – no wonder Matt is trying to pretend he doesn't know us. He's standing far enough away and won't look at us - and he looks so cute!



I'm not even going to try to justify the fact that I'm wearing a romper. We'll just write that off as the fashion accident that it is (and I'm ashamed to say, that thing looks like it got a lot of wear, sigh.) I'm hanging my head, seriously.

I don't know how these kids are now 22, 25 and 21 and I'm still so damn young.



I'm just gonna go with the thought that their aging doesn't make me older, it's just me. Happy Birthday Tootsie!

Comments

Popular Posts