isn’t this supposed to suck?

I decided to vacuum this afternoon. It wasn’t really a choice so much as a necessity. With a black lab, even a small one, I’ve got to sweep now and then. Now I ask you, does she look like she'd shed in your house?



Of course not, she's busy shedding in mine!

So anyway, I get the canister out and take it upstairs, cause that’s where I like to start. Not that I like starting so much, but I do like to get it done and to do that, I must start. I plugged the vacuum into the wall and hit the power button. Nothing. Zip, zilch, nada – no start up noise, no hum of the motor, nope, nothing at all. So I reset the plug, huh, still nothing, okay, tried another outlet – still not working. Being the intelligent woman that I am, I went downstairs to wait for Pete to come home. Prince Charming can fix it; he can fix anything – except, as it turns out, the vacuum. Hmm. Now, I’m without vacuum and with dirty floors, so I figured I would, after three years, try the central vacuum system. (I’ve never been a fan, I mean really, all those pipes running all through the house – and have you ever seen how much hose there is? This can’t be a good time, ya know?) Still, I lugged the hoses and parts all out – it’s truly an impressive array (and not an inconsiderable weight.) I put it all together and powered it up. And it sucks. Actually, the problem is, it doesn’t suck well. Now isn’t that rich? Something that’s supposed to suck – and it doesn’t. And it’s actually the second vacuum today with no suck luck. So I guess I’ll use a broom and a dust mop.

Now that sucks…

Comments

  1. Only you, Jude, could have two chances to suck and blow both of them. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts